Heritage Engagement Officer
With the recent announcement on national television of a £3.45m grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund – and match-funding bringing the total to £5m – we are looking for an enthusiastic person to help us deliver the “Taylor’s: Saving the Last Major Bellfoundry in Britain” funded project.
With knowledge or experience working with community outreach or the heritage sector you will coordinate our engagement programme and help manage our heritage assets and museum retail activities. This is a part-time role funded for four years requiring fresh and creative thinking and the ability to engage with a wide range of community and school groups.
The role will suit you if you are keen to progress your career in the community outreach or heritage sector and you are a friendly and helpful person with some experience delivering community grant-funded projects.
- Must have an excellent standard of English and communicate clearly and concisely in an engaging manner
- Knowledge of archives and museum collections
- Retail or customer service experience is desirable
- A post-graduate qualification in heritage or museum studies is desirable
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK
- 18.75 hours a week, specific times to be agreed
- Based at our museum in Loughborough with some potential for home working
- £10,000 (pro-rata) plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum
Please view the full role profile by downloading the pdf below.
To apply, please send a CV & letter explaining your background / interest in the role to our retained HR provider: Kate@peopledecisions.co.uk