All you need to know when planning your visit to Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust.
The Loughborough Bellfoundry Museum is located within the historic John Taylor Bellfoundry site at the following address:
Loughborough Bellfoundry Museum
- The nearest railway station is Loughborough, which is 0.5 miles (an 11 minute walk) away. Taxis are available at the station.
- We are just 0.5 miles (or a ten minute walk) from the Great Central Railway Loughborough terminus.
- It is 0.7 miles (a thirteen minute walk) to Queen’s Park in Loughborough town centre. The park is home to the Charnwood Museum and the Loughborough Carillon Tower and War Memorial Museum.
We have introduced a number of safety and social distancing measures in response to Covid-19. All visitors must follow latest government guidance concerning the wearing of face coverings.
To further enhance your safety we will:
- Use advance timed tickets and the government “Track and Race” QR code system.
- Provide hand sanitising stations throughout the museum and offer complimentary PPE for visitors.
- Sanitise any interactive equipment or handling objects between each group visit.
- Operate an enhanced cleaning schedule.
- Ensure museum staff and volunteers wear appropriate PPE.
- Provide protective screens at the museum reception.
- Where appropriate use social distancing floor markers throughout the museum.
Unfortunately there is currently no step-free access to the second floor of the museum, including the viewing platform that overlooks the casting hall. For further information about access to the foundry works and museum gallery spaces contact us on 01509 212 241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a working industrial site, to access the foundry floor visitors must wear flat, completely closed shoes. We recommend that you avoid loose clothing and wrap up warmly in colder weather.
In order to stop the spread of the virus, we strongly recommend the use of contactless payment in our shop.